Shirts are one of the essential garments in the closet but, during the summer period, they are not the most comfortable due to the lack of breathability of the fabrics.
Even so, don’t be afraid of underarm stains. We are going to show you how to remove them effectively so that you can continue to enjoy your shirts this summer.
Prevent the appearance of sweat stains on shirts
To the fabric and sweat, we have to add the reaction it causes when mixed with the chemical components of the deodorants we use. The result: visible stains that are difficult to eradicate with normal washing.
With these recommendations, you will reduce the possibility of stains appearing on your shirts:
- Act quickly. If you can prevent the stain from drying, it will come out much more easily.
- Opt for unscented deodorants and natural products that do not contain aluminum salts and do not overdo it with the amount you apply.
- Before putting on your shirt, let your skin absorb the deodorant.
- Try wearing a white cotton T-shirt under your shirt to absorb some of the sweat.
- Opt for shirts with more breathable natural fibers such as linen and cotton.
- You can also opt for home remedies to replace the use of deodorant such as: baking soda, squeezed lemon juice or a mixture of alcohol and sugar. In the last two cases, make sure you do not have wounds in the armpits.
Remove a sweat stain from a shirt
If the stain has already appeared, use in the pre-wash detergent boosters or stain removers with active oxygen. This is usually the most effective way to remove sweat stains quickly.
If you prefer, opt for one of these home remedies:
- Mix baking soda and hydrogen peroxide with water to a paste.
- Lemon juice and salt.
- Boric acid.
- Dissolve an aspirin in water to form a paste.
- Ammonia dissolved in water at 30%, never directly on the stain.
Choose one of these remedies and rub gently on the stain, leaving it to act and then wash the garment as usual.
3 tips on how to remove sweat stains
Here are three of the most infallible tricks so that you can continue to enjoy your clothes without any worries.
1. With lemon
As you read it, it is possible to remove a sweat stain with lemon juice. This is because lemon can whiten clothes thanks to the antibacterial effect of its properties.
For it to work properly, you will have to squeeze it directly on it and let it act for 30 to 40 minutes. After that, you can wash it as you normally do.
2. With an aspirin and warm water
To use this method, you have to crush three aspirins and add warm water to mix it well. Then, put the stained area of the clothes in the mixture and let it soak for two or three hours before rinsing it.
3. Use baking soda
Baking soda is very effective for many stains, including sweat stains. If you mix it with a little water, you can prepare a paste that can remove the stain from that garment you love so much.
Let the mixture act on the stain for about 30 minutes. Then, wash it as usual.
In addition, in your supermarket you will find products for this task that will also leave a fresh scent on your clothes.
As you can see, removing sweat stains from the clothes you love is very easy if you know how to do it. With these methods you won’t have to give up wearing your favorite clothes on hot days.